Skip to main content
GDPR Kit CIAM Buyer's Guide Contact Us
Janrain respects your privacy and will treat the personal data you choose to share with us in accordance with our privacy statement.
 

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy statement

OK

Mobile Menu

Crowdsourcing SXSW Sessions: Your Vote for Janrain Counts

By Katie Keenan | Posted on August 19, 2011

Blog Banner

Have you been to South By South West (SBSW), the interactive, music and film event of the year? We’re already looking forward to the 2012 SXSW event next March, in fact, we’ve submitted a handful of proposals to speak on topics, we believe, you want to learn more about.

My SXSW idea 2012

The 500 or so sessions that actually make it to the SXSW Interactive agenda are selected from a pool of 3,600 worthy proposals. This year, the entire community has a voice in the selection process, or at least 30% of the influence towards the final list. SXSW Staff and their Advisory Board round out the other 70% of influence.

We’re hoping that you’ll want to hear our session and, whether you’re going or not, give them a green Thumbs Up to help us win. Have thoughts, additional ideas or questions on our session? Add them to the session comments – we’d love to hear from you!

Here’s an overview of our proposals:

Social Data: It’s available, why don’t you use it?
Vidya Shivkumar, our Director of Products, will help you understand the social profile data that is available once you add a social layer to your brand’s website, and then demonstrate the powerful ways you can leverage this data in your marketing programs to accelerate results.

Building Insights to Drive Deeper Engagement
Greg Keegstra, our Director of Strategic Alliances, is leading a panel with Kelly Hungerford of Paper.li, Kris Duggan of Badgeville, and Tore Steen of Janrain on building deeper engagement, driving behavior with game mechanics, and developing actionable insights by integrating social tools into your site.

Facebook Stole My Site Traffic: How to Get it Back
Gina Rau, our Marketing Communications Manager, will demonstrate why a Facebook strategy isn’t enough in today’s multi-channel social web. You’ll learn why a smart digital strategy goes beyond Facebook to create a stronger connection between your brand’s site and the social web to increase your Social ROI.

Social Commerce: How to Build in on Your Site
Michael Olson, our Marketing Programs Coordinator, will differentiate social commerce from Facebook commerce, including the advantages and disadvantages as they relate to long-term sales growth. He’ll also share case studies revealing how innovative retailers are bring the power of Facebook to their own sites to drive sales.

The Zombie User Apocalypse Overran Your Database
Jamie Beckland, our Digital and Social Media Strategist, will help you determine if your website has been taken over by zombie users that visit and share false information, and then tell you how to activate them, get them engaged and derive value from your user database.

You’ll need an account to vote or comment, but you already have one if you’ve attended SXSW in the past. If not, it takes less than a minute if you know your name and email address. Yes, it’s that easy!

Vote here!

If you’re so inclined to give us a few thumbs up, accept our sincere appreciation. We’ve got great ideals on the social web and we’d be honored to share them with you.

Popular Posts

About the author

Katie Keenan

Interactive Marketing Manager

A true geek at heart, Katie works behind the scenes on Janrain's website and social media strategy as the interactive marketing manager. Katie has more than 10 years of experience building websites and managing online communities in media, retail, technology, law and the nonprofit sector. Her passion: to get rid of the clutter and help to improve efficiencies across the web to spark online engagement.

View all posts by Katie Keenan